Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

*you find a noticed tacked to the tavern wall* (RP Event)

(This post was last modified: 09 Dec, 10, 18:15 by Jordi.)

Winter's Festival Celebration

Winter has come yet again with colder nights and shorter days. What better way to celebrate it's arrival than with your kin and friends in a night of festive feasting, games, song and dance.

Next week we'll be hosting our first Winter's Festival celebration at The Western Alliance kin hall in Lightgard, High Road 1. There you'll find music merry making in the form of games and celebration.

A Treasure hunt hosted by our Fabulous Framgar will kick off the festivities with a 5 gold coin prize to be handed out to the winner or winners. Go it alone or pick a friend or two to help collect the most items in the shortest amount of time. Framgar will give the details on this.

There will also be a race hosted by our Glorious Gundablast. Represent yourself, your friends or your kin in this race around the neighborhood. Prizes to be awarded. Gundablast will give details on this.

Then to round it all up, there will be a people auction to raise funds for the Kin hall. You'll have the chance to buy your favorite person for a date or help around the garden. Bring your coin purses full and ready to bid on your friend or a stranger.

There will also be a Winter's Secret Gift exchange. What better way to to celebrate  the Winter's festival than by giving gifts. Who'll be your Winter's Secret Gift giver? To find out you'll have to sign up!

Bring your friends, your family and your Kin! It's sure to be an event you'll not want to miss. We'll see you there!

*you see the dark blue wax seal of Lord Thoronthor on the bottom right*
*************************************************************************************

What: Winter's Festival celebration

When: Wednesday, December 15

Where: Lightgard, High Road 1 The Western Alliance Kin Hall

Time: 17:00 is when we'll begin gathering.

Volunteers needed for the following. Please sign up on this post:

WE NEED A BAND! Anyone with any information of a band to hire please let me know or if you can get them to contact me or we could set it up together. Auction funds will be used to pay them.

To be auctioned off. (you'll have until the start of the auction to make up your mind)

Anyone wanting to volunteer their time to help with the festival. You could help with keeping the festival flowing along or perhaps RP one of the following:

Anyone wanting to hawk their food wares. This person would sell in game food. Could be a way to make money. This would also work well for selling wines, ales and spirits.

Any kind of vendor wanting to sell any crafted items.

Someone to RP a fortune teller.  You can rp this any way you like, as long as you tell fortunes. You can rp being paid or have them give you in game coins.

Information about the events and games:

Treasure hunt:
It'll begin at 17:30 and end by 18:30. You'll be asked to find a certain amount of items in a certain amount of time or who ever finishes first. Fragmar will have more details on this. Winner gets 5 gold.

Race around the neighborhood:
The race will begin at18:35 and end by 19:15. You'll race by foot or horse around the neighborhood. Gundablast will have more details on this and the prize to be given.

People Auction:
It will begin by 19:30 and finish by 20:30. People will be auctioned off for one hour of help in game. All people wishing to participate will have until 19:25 to volunteer themselves to be sold off.  If you are wanting to be sold off, when you walk out there, ham it up. Tell them what you can do. Make promises of fun and what ever.

RP reason can be a date or help around the garden or house. OOC you can use this person for 1 hour of help in game for grinding or gathering resources or 1 hour of RP.

You cannot humiliate the person you buy unless they give their consent. Examples: Putting your Kin leader in a pink dress and making him mine for ore or run around Bree.

You cannot ask the person to do something that is beyond their ability unless they give their consent. Example: Asking a level 15 to heal or tank for you in a level 50 zone.

Anyone who volunteers to be sold and is sold must give that person an hour of their time in game or give the money paid for them back out of their own pocket.

Winter's Secret Gift exchange:
On Thursday you'll be given the name of someone to give a gift to by the 15th. It can be anything, it's the meaning of the gift that counts. But lets be honest... giving a bat wing or harpy claw is not gonna bring a smile to their face. Sign up here with your name and guild.

You can give them the gift yourself or if you want to do this in secret you could send it on an alt or even name the alt Winter'sSecretGift giver or send me the gift with the name and I'll give it to them.

How it'll be done: I'll write down all the names of people who've signed up. Then I'll write them down again on small pieces of paper, mix them up and first picked will go to the first on the list, next picked to the next on the list and so on. But if you want a to give a gift and get a gift you have to sign up!
*************************************************************************************

Volunteer list:

Festival:
Framgar- Treasure hunt (ask Fram if you want to help him)
Gundablast - Race around the Neighborhood (ask Gun if you want to help him)
Jordi -Auction (could use one or two more)

Auction: (come on now, don't be shy! It's for a good cause!)
Thoronthor
Braglanas
Framgar
Jebidiah
Arathrandir
Zirghal
Ilyana
Ninetoes

Winter's Gift:
Jordi
Belegwe
Clodvig
Charvel
Thoronthor
Parmur
Arathrandir
Zirghal
Ilyana
Ninetoes
Braglanas
Danger Ranger....Coming soon.... to put an arrow in a warg's arse near you!

The idea I have for the treasure hunt should mean that we can start it whenever we like and that it will finish whenever someone cracks it! Smile That way hopefully most people get a chance to participate.
May the Source be with you.
The Art of Warg

[Image: signature.png]

(06 Dec, 10, 19:46)Belegwe link Wrote: The idea I have for the treasure hunt should mean that we can start it whenever we like and that it will finish whenever someone cracks it! Smile That way hopefully most people get a chance to participate.

I agree! Smile But we'll be limited on the amount of time we'll have for the festival. If we did it this way, it could take hours. People would be bored by then and this festival will already be going for hours.

By the way... wanna volunteer to be sold off and for the Gift exchange... and to volunteer for anything during the festival?  ;D You can sign up on either of the RP post for the festival

I am already listed as volunteering to be sold off (Framgar).
The Art of Warg

Gundabast is not going to make it, he sends his apologies. Jebidiah however will happily take his place and is already looking forward to making the young men in the kin do a naked race around the homesteads, just to build morale and team spirit.

He's kind like that.

(06 Dec, 10, 20:19)Jebidiah link Wrote: Jebidiah however will happily take his place and is already looking forward to making the young men in the kin do a naked race around the homesteads, just to build morale and team spirit.

:o :vh1:

I might find myself not be able to attend all of a sudden, RL is a bit strange for me atm, but I would happily volunteer for being auctioned off Smile And winter´s gift sounds fun too, so count me in Smile

Great stuff Parmy!
The Art of Warg

List has been updated  ;D

Lists have been updated  :xm3: